Madison Multisport Junior Team
The Wisconsin Junior Triathlon Team aims to give kids of Wisconsin an opportunity to be involved in a youth and junior triathlon team environment, with dedicated coaches, which will teach them sportsmanship, discipline and skills to succeed.
We offer a cohesive team environment, bringing everyone together weekly to learn and develop all aspects of triathlon; swim technique, bike safety and skills, running form, and transition skills. We will also participate as a team in several local triathlons each season.
Based on our last 5 years of working with over 50 area youth, we have already seen lives transformed through participation in sport as athletes gain confidence and the life skills necessary to reach beyond what they previously thought possible of themselves.
Practices start June 14, 2017!
Wednesdays: 6-7:30 @ the East entrance to the UW Arboretum (Intersection of N Wingra Drive and McCaffrey Drive). This location will allow for great access to safe running & cycling routes as well as open water swimming at Wingra Beach.
Additional practices pending, including 3 planned trips to swim and run at Devil’s Lake.
Practices run for 11 consecutive weeks, culminating at the Sugar River Sprint Triathlon.
End of season party (not to be missed!)
- Sunday, August 27 @ Community Park in Belleville (following the Sugar River Sprint Triathlon)
Price: $150 for the whole summer
Also includes a free Madison Multisport t-shirt and water bottle.
Meet Coach Brian Oliver
- 6 years competitive triathlon racing
- 3 years team leader/coach for collegiate tri team and junior team
- Currently pursuing his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree at the UW Madison
June 14, Wednesday: FIRST TEAM PRACTICE! 6:00pm at UW Arboretum East Entrance
June 24, Saturday – Verona Triterium Sprint Triathlon (1/3 mile swim, 11 mile bike, 5K run)
June 24, Saturday – Tri 4 Schools Kids Triathlon (Ages 11-14: 100yd swim, 4.5 mile bike, 1 mile run)
July 9, Saturday – Pardeeville Sprint Triathlon (1/4 mile swim, 15 mile bike, 5K run)
July 29, Saturday – Tri-ing for Children’s Kids Triathlon (Ages 11-14: 200yd swim, 6 mile bike, 1 mile run)
July 30, Sunday – Tri-ing for Children’s Sprint Triathlon (Ages 13+: 400yd swim, 15 mile bike, 5K run)
August 12, Saturday – Oregon Kids Triathlon (Distances vary per age division)
August 19, Saturday – Tri 4 Schools Kids Triathlon (Ages 11-14: 100yd swim, 4.5 mile bike, 1 mile run)
August 27, Sunday – Sugar River Triathlon (1/4 mile swim, 16 mile bike, 5K run) **Team Event! End of Season Party!**
Other fun facts!
What are your age limits?
- Our age range is 10-18 years old. Experience and/or ability could warrant an exception to this
What bike should we have?
- A road bike that fits the child and is recently tuned up will provide them with the most positive experience. If you do not have a road bike, please let us know, potential scholarships or loaner bikes may be available for those who qualify.
What races should we sign up for?
- We will work with each team member and family to decide which races and distances are best suited for their experience level and goals. We’ll direct you to where and how to sign up. Check out the Team Events list posted above to view a list of racing opportunities and our team selected event.
Is this for all levels?
- Yes! Our team is open to all levels. We have a beginner group, intermediate group and high performance group. Our goal is to make this fun and challenging for all abilities
This sounds awesome, how do I get signed up for the team?
- Please fill out the Registration Form (parents and athletes together!) and send with payment to the address provided on the form.