2013 Junior Team
Now launching into our 3rd season, we are excited to once again offer the best and most comprehensive junior training program in the Madison area. Madison Multisport, now entering it’s 7th season, continues a tradition of excellence through team training, specialized coaching and a fun training environment.
Our goal on the Madison Multisport Junior Team is to give our athletes the best possible chance for success. Our experienced and skilled coaching staff emphasize a well-rounded approach, teaching the importance of physical activity, rest, nutrition and balance in our daily lives. Our training program includes a daily training plan, skills development for swim, bike and run, and opportunities for our athletes to progress in the sport.
Team membership is open to any child entering 5th through 12th grades in the coming school year. We offer age appropriate training for beginners hoping to compete in their first multisport event to elites pushing to qualify for junior nationals. We are excited to work with our junior athletes of all levels and help them prepare for their race day best.
- Complete daily training plan designed to provide our athletes with all the necessary tools to reach the finish line with success and a smile on their face
- 3 team workouts each week to offer skill development and team support
- 2-3 experienced triathlon coaches at all coached group training sessions
- Swim, bike and run specific skill workouts to help our athletes develop safe and efficient technique
- End of season awards party for all athletes and their families
- Winning team atmosphere where teammates participate equally as they reach toward their individual goals
- Madison Multisport Team clothing and gear
- Entry fee discounts into local events
- Team volunteer opportunities to give back to our active community (school service hours may apply)
- Opportunities to train with the adult Madison Multisport Team athletes
- Participate together at team races and events
- Swim suit, cap, goggles
- Bicycle (2 wheels & gears required!)
- Helmet & Sunglasses
- Running shoes
- Athletic clothing
- Trek Bicycle Store of Madison: 20% off almost everything
- Timex: 40% off
- Rudy Project: 40% off
- Walter’s Swim N Sun: 10% off
- CB Massage: $10 off any massage (family members too!)
- June 11-September 1 2013
- Tuesday & Thursday- 4:00-5:30pm
Various Madison locations
- Saturday OR Sunday dependent on races/special events
Full Summer 2013 Schedule Coming soon!
General: Our number one priority is safety, and number two priority is FUN!
Swim: Team practices will allow for open water swim sessions at least every-other week to help our athletes feel comfortable, confident and safe swimming in open water.
It is highly recommended (if we could make this a requirement, we would!) that all athletes in the program also participate in a summer swim program, whether through a local swim club or training with a personal swim coach at least 3 times a week.
Bike: We will focus on bike safety by developing individual safe operational skills and teach safety precautions for riding with others. Athletes will also develop an endurance base for cycling, work on efficient bike form and progress to generating race day speed.
Run: Efficient technique is fundamental to injury prevention and success so we will spend considerable time developing each athlete’s individual running style while building endurance and speed at the same time.
Transitions: Essential to triathlon success and a lot of fun to practice are the less obvious skills involved in our sport. Our athletes feel like professionals with the development of fast and smooth transition skills.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
FEES: Coaching and team fees are $500 for the entire summer, June 11 – Sept 1.
Your team fees include:
- USA Triathlon Membership
- Team Uniform & Swim Cap ($90 value)
- Team Water Bottle & other goodies
- Experienced coaches who care about the success of our junior athletes
If these fees do not fit within your family budget, please contact Cindi individually.
Here is the 2013 Junior Team Sign-up Form: Junior Team Registration Form 2013
CINDI BANNINK - Coach Cindi loves working with junior athletes and is super excited to be offering the Junior Team Program to the Madison community again in 2013. Cindi has been involved in triathlons for over 14 years and is passionate about helping aspiring triathletes reach their goals through expert coaching and successful training plans. In 2011 she was named as USAT’s National Coach of the Year and continues to invest in the Madison Multisport adult team and compete as an elite age grouper.
DAN HARRIS - Coach Dan was integral in launching the Madison Multisport Junior Team in 2011 and is excited for another successful season. Dan is a teacher at Monona Grove High School where he also coaches the distance track team. He has been competing in triathlon for 10+ years and has completed numerous Ironman and marathon events. Dan brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his coaching, as well as a fun approach to fitness and health for our youth.
REGISTRATION NIGHT- Wednesday, May 29 @ 7:00pm – Trek Store West
Come join us for a night to meet the coaches, get your questions answered, size up for team uniforms, and get started!
RSVP PLEASE: Please contact Coach Cindi with your intention to participate.