Sunday, June 5, 2011
Lake Mills, WI
Lake Mills Triathlon Race Recap:
What a day for the Madison Multisport team, over 20 teammates racing, many PRs and several top-3 in their age group! Great work again to the entire team, and thanks to our huge and awesome support crew out there volunteering and cheering. What a way to start the tri season!
- Martha – in only her 2nd tri bested her performances for a successful day.
- Erin B – is back from babies- taking 3rd in her age group!
- Sue – claimed 3rd in her age group in only her 2nd triathlon race!
- Anna R – Top 10! – she’s back on the IM training train.
- Jessica O – Didn’t let a flat tire on the bike leg get her down and came back with a smokin’ fast run.
- Jenn M – CJ – Erin W were 3-4-5 in the 40-44 age group with stellar performances for all of them – what a crew!
- Jenn was 2 minutes faster than last year, CJ finished with a strong run, and Erin W was 15 minutes faster than her performance 2 years ago.
- Jeanine was 2nd in her age group and 4 minutes faster than last year.
- Jarret – a whopping 22 minutes faster than his inaugural race last year.
- Justin G – over 21 minutes faster than last year- significantly besting his time in all 3 disciplines.
- Ken K – over 6 minutes faster with stellar improvement in each of the swim/bike/run.
- Jim and Amol – 1st Triathlons – each with solid performances and strong run splits to finish out a successful day.
- Taylor – started with a smokin’ swim and kept that going all day for a very successful race.
- Meistro – had an awesome 4th place finish in his division and claims 1st for the fastest MM teammate.
- Daniel – a fantastic 5th place finish in his AG with the fastest MM bike split of the day.
- Pete – ecstatic about his finish and progress so far this season.
- Ed and Charlie taking 1-2 respectively in the 60-64 age division
- This was a big day for Ed having crashed her a year ago and he has proven that ‘he is back’ after a year long recovery.
- Charlie completed his 11th Lake Mills triathlon in a row and went even faster than last year!